Today, there are so many carpet cleaning methods being used by plenty of households and professional carpet cleaning. Each method of cleaning has its particular pros and cons. This guide will help you to select among them, as we mention the best ways and outline their perceived advantages and disadvantages. The methods of cleaning may be divided into two categories, such as dry cleaning or wet cleaning. Hot water extraction comes under the category of wet cleaning, and dry cleaning involves the foams applied by the machines or the use of chemical powders.
In this method, hot water has spread on the carpet under a tremendous amount of pressure. Before this, a chemical reagent used to pre-conditioned the rug. The per-conditioned has done to liquefies dirty and oil-based substances and other types of soiling.
When hot water directly pressurized into the carpet, any dirt particle was stuck onto the mat is dissolved, and loosened into the water. For better cleaning, you can also add a detergent or cleaning solution to the carpet. Moreover, a vacuum cleaner is used to extract the water from the carpet.
- The method is useful for thorough and deep cleaning
- It is safe because of no toxic chemicals used in these methods
- Steam cleaning is the most popular and common method of cleaning
- Suitable for removing the dust mites, odors and dirt particles
- This method uses a specif machine that is expensive than regular vacuums
- Requires longer drying times
Its name implies that water does not involve in this method. An absorbent compound and solution are spread over the carpet with the help of counter-rotating brushes and a mechanized brush. The absorbent compound is in the form of powder and absorbs the soils and dirt from the carpet fibers within 20 minutes.
- There is no need for specialized techniques or tools
- Suitable for delicate carpet materials like hemp and sisal
- No specific knowledge and training is required
- It is a time-consuming method
- The high-quality vacuum require
- This method unable to clean the fiber of carpet deeply
Shampooing-Carpet Cleaning :
In this method, a foamy chemical is applied on the carpet and then spread into its fiber using tools and brush. This helps eliminate the debris and dust stuck onto the carpet fibers. The vacuum has also used this method to sprinkle the carpet.
- This method is fast and easy to use
- There is no need to spend a considerable amount of money
- Affordable to all
- Swifter drying time
- The technique is not suitable for any kind of carpet fibers because of no high temperatures involved in it.
- Low-quality chemicals used in this method which may lead to excessive wetting
Carpet Cleaning Cost:
So, what amount should you spend to have your carpets cleaned? That depends on the way and company you select to have done. The average cost for carpet cleaning professionally ranges between $ 150 and $200.
We all know that regular carpet cleaning is the best idea. Moreover, it’s a great way to get longer-lasting and healthier carpets.